Wednesday, January 31, 2007

all in knots

A friend of mine from out of state is coming to town. He's on a business trip, and he'll be here for maybe seven hours between other places that he has to be. We'll maybe go do some tourist stuff and then have dinner with some other friends of mine.

A while back I opened my big mouth and said that I would make one of his kids a scarf like in the Harry Potter movies. Then I thought it would be better if I made scarves for both of his kids. And then I thought it would really be cool if the whole family wore Gryffindor scarves.

I started making scarves with the Knifty Knitter about a year ago. Now everyone wants one. But I can't make one for everyone, cause they take too long. People have offered to pay me, but I still can't do it. A scarf takes at least thirty hours to make that way. So if I were going to sell them, I'd need about three hundred dollars per scarf.

They are nice scarves, but I don't think that they're three hundred dollars nice.

But there were so many people who said that they wanted one, I had an idea.

Several months ago I bought one of those sweater machines when they were on sale at Michaels. I didn't even take it out of the box. That was before Halloween, and I was like way busy until after that, and then some other stuff happened, and I didn't get around to setting up the machine until just last week.

I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Sunday, I saw an ad for a smaller knitting machine. Since I mainly want to make scarves, I thought that would probably work better for me. So today I bought the smaller machine.

And I can't seem to get the hang of that one either.

Anyway, my friend will be here in about ten days, and I don't have any scarves the right color to give him. So I keep going back and forth between the two machines, thinking that I've almost gotten one to work. I'm starting to pull my hair out.

And the person who usually makes me feel better when I have these little problems is gone for the next few days. I miss him. And that's kind of dumb, because he wouldn't be here right now even if he wasn't out of town.

Oh well. Back to work.

No comments: