Friday, September 29, 2006

Silent Blogs

I don't read that many blogs regularly, but I do read a few. I read one in particular everyday. I was starting to feel like I knew that person. That person deleted a few of my comments and a few comments left by another person, made a couple more posts, and then just stopped. I don't know why. I can't believe it was because of anything I said, or anything that the other person said.
Now I know that person has had a bit of a disappointment recently, but we've all had things like that happen and we've lived to tell about it. And usually blog about it. But now I'm thinking this is it, I'll never be able to read that blog again. I'll never know what happened to that person. The person I was getting to know is just suddenly gone.

On a happier note, another blog is also gone. Not gone in the sense that she has stopped blogging, but gone in the sense that it is now only available to members.

So I will not be reading this blog anymore, and more importantly, no one that I know will be reading this blog either. There will be no more mention of whatever dumb thing was in her blog yesterday. The Bimbo will cease to be a topic of conversation at lunch. Well meaning friends will stop reminding me that there is yet again written proof that this woman has so few remaining brain cells that they rarely even bump into each other, much less get together long enough for intelligent thoughts.

If I wanted to know what dumb thing the Bimbo said, I would have read it myself. It is one thing to read the thing myself when I feel up to it, but it is a different thing entirely to find everyone around me discussing her smut while I am trying to eat. I know that I'm the one who originally started this, but enough already.

While the vile creature will never be completely gone from my thoughts, she is mostly gone from his, and now I can relax a bit without constant reminders of her existence. If he ever again decides that maybe it wouldn't hurt just to read her blog, he can't. He doesn't have the password.

Another two months, and that last thing that concerns me should be resolved.

My friend said the funniest thing about her today, or rather, said a funny thing about what the blog should have been named. But I think I will save that story for another time.

No comments: