Saturday, September 30, 2006

Questionable Costumes

I currently have a temp job at a place that sells Halloween stuff. Mostly costumes, but also decorations and make-up and hats. Some of it is really cool stuff, often it is over-priced stuff, and a few things are just out right stupid. I believe in an earlier post I mentioned there being a giant penis costume, a toilet costume, a Bullshit and a Poo Poo Platter costume. There is also an electronic humping dog decoration.

Something I was really disturbed by last year was the milk carton head ornament.

Personally, I do not see the point of making fun of present or past presidents, but I am okay with it. Pretend to be a witch, a ghost, a cowboy, a cop, a vampire, a rock star, or whatever. Buy a costume that makes you look like Jesus (not great for Halloween in my opinion, but the store won't be open around Easter, so if you want one get it now.)

All of that is fine with me.

But why pretend to be a missing child? Isn't that like way insensitive?

No comments: