Sunday, October 01, 2006

The bright side

My husband took me to lunch the other day. There were silly signs on the restaurant walls.

One of them said "IF YOU QUESTION YOUR HUSBAND'S JUDGEMENT, REMEMBER THAT HE CHOSE YOU."

I suppose I should concentrate on that, and not on the fact that he chose me a day and a half too late, or that for a couple of months he thought he was going to chose someone else.

But our whole life has to change because of that time, and he just doesn't get it.

Still, it was a good day. Yesterday he made a lot of money. Well, it was a lot of money for us. So there was a lot of hugging and jumping up and down last night.
Anyway, I have a list around here somewhere of stuff that I thought we should buy after the new job started paying off, and today we went and bought a couple of things on the list. An electric cooler and a new printer do not really fix all of our problems, but they will make life easier in the coming months. (And a trivial, silly thing; we found a local store that sells Happy Hempster muscle rub, which we haven't been able to get since a trip up north four years ago, and that will also make life easier.)

A nice lunch at a place we haven't been to in a while, an afternoon of shopping, and then a romantic walk made for a very pleasant day.

No comments: