Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Morons--I don't have a clue what that is

Well, as you may know I have been away for a few days. I got home Saturday evening and really didn't feel like doing anything then and didn't feel like writing anything on Sunday either. And I didn't have any particular thing happen to me last week to inspire a Monday Moron post. I have said that if I ever didn't have any other morons to write about on a Monday that I would write something about the Homewrecking-slut, since there is always something to write about her. But having just got home from our little vacation, I didn't feel like doing that either.

So I figured that I would probably just write any apology for not writing a Monday Moron post this week. But that's not what I'm going to do.

So we went on this little trip, which was nice enough, and I'll blog about that later. I enjoyed most of it, but it was physically very tiring, and just the drive is tiring enough. So it's one of those things where I need a bit of a vacation to recover from my vacation.

Anyway, it was a nice enough trip, but maybe not what you would call a romantic trip. I was in a pretty good mood when we got home Saturday, but that evening it was obvious that nothing had changed. I still feel like we're in limbo.

Sunday morning I got up to check my email and such and then went back to bed. My husband also got up to check his email, and then he came back to bed. We were still in bed about an hour later. Latex was involved.

I'm a lady, and I do not write about that sort of thing, so I hope you can figure that out for yourselves.

With the way things are, we probably should not touch each other at all. But I do so enjoy that sort of thing. And occasionally now we'll end up doing stuff that I haven't much done since I was a teenager. So Sunday morning was a bit of a surprise, but a nice one.

Then we got dressed and went to breakfast at Taco Cabana. And then we had to come back here and pack all of his business stuff back in the van. And then he went off to Oklahoma. I didn't go with him. I have seen Oklahoma before, and I just didn't want to go this time. Besides, we shouldn't both be away from the house two weeks in a row, especially with the weird weather we've been having.

While I had been looking forward to having some alone time, telling myself that I was going to get a lot of work done, when I finally got my alone time I didn't like it too much. I spent most of the day doing nothing. I did just a little bit of reading and watched some TV. The only work I got done was sorting through some of my rocks.

I tell myself that it's because I am tired from the trip, and I have a good excuse for spending most of my day in bed. My legs are a bit bruised, but it's nothing serious. I have a bit of a nap.

The phone rings, and I don't get it in time. I remember that I have to go and get the mail from my brother, but I don't go and get it because it might have been my husband calling and I don't want to miss him if he calls again. I watch an episode of Farscape that I keep missing the beginning of, and he calls right after that. He sounds good. We miss each other, but he sounds good, and the drive doesn't take as long when I stay home. He tells me how to find some stuff he downloaded on the computer for me. Nice.

A bit after that I call my brother and ask about the mail. And he's like, aren't you just coming over in half an hour to watch the 4400. I totally forgot about the 4400. Sure. I'll come over to watch that and get the mail then.

So I walk over to his place and we talk about the trip a bit and I give him some water from Hot Springs. And he shows me the new BBQ thing he bought while we were away. And then he asked how I got that scratch on my neck.

I don't know. I don't remember getting a scratch on my neck. I go look in the mirror, and it's not a scratch, but there is about a two inch line going down my neck from just under my ear. The bruises on my legs make total sense, but I can't remember injuring my neck. Well, I don't know how that got there, but it doesn't hurt, so who cares. We go back in the living room and watch the 4400. Then I collect the mail and go back home.

It took me about an hour before it dawned on me what the red mark on my neck was. In high school I tried to keep a tube of concealer with me at all times just in case I got one of these red marks on my neck. I seemed to have a lot of them back then. But then I grew up, and while I didn't exactly stop doing that sort of thing, I was at least more careful about it.

I guess it's just been so long since I've had a hickey that I forgot what they looked like.

3 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

I try very hard to not get hickeys. I hate them but I bruise so darn easily that I get them regardless. UCK!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

rofl.. Sorry that last part was kinda funny.. I chuckled and thought about when I was in high school and had received my first Hickey.. I hid and then it went away.. The boy that gave it to me didn't talk to me again.. Whatever dude.. Have a nice life.. At least they aren't permanant... they will disappear... eventually.. Glad to hear you ha d nice trip and had fun with Latex.. that is always fun...

Anonymous said...

That's the second post I have read about that subject..

I am a huge fan of morning "latex involvement". I think the red mark came from something on the trip right? Maybe from leaning on your hand too long? Maybe the infamous curling iron got you? Regardless, who cares, it was fun right?

Sounds like a decent weekend and a decent trip. Welcome back.