Saturday, April 25, 2009

Back to gardening a bit

Well, I so wanted to give this post a more interesting title, but then I noticed some of my fellow bloggers have added this feature to their blogs that advertises what I and others have most recently blogged about. So it was announced to everyone that I was going back to bed, and everyone knew that I was going back to bed, even those people who don't bother to read my blog. I'm not sure if in the future I want it announced that I have stayed in bed or that I finally got out of bed or that I'm doing something in bed, etc....

Anyway, so for the moment, I am out of bed. Maybe it is too soon to count my chickens and say that I am well, but at the moment I do not feel sick. Earlier, I even got out of the house for a little while, and I've spent a couple of hours doing stuff in the garden in between reading emails and watching The Outer Limits.

Of course, having neglected the garden for a few days, it is now supposed to rain either tonight or maybe tomorrow night, and it is almost for certain that it will rain quite a bit on Monday. So I will again be unable to do any gardening, because there will just be all of this mud that I cannot deal with.

I have now bought three pieces of clothing and a yard of fabric that I should be able to turn into a Vulcan costume. That is, I should be able to turn it into a Vulcan costume if I would just sit down and do it. But one has to put aside gardening and being sick and such before one can do that. And then there is the problem of not wanting to go to all the trouble of making a costume if I cannot get the makeup right. And to shave or not to shave, that is the question. I usually do not shave my eyebrows for this, nor do I do much in the way of tweezing, but on the rare occasions that I did it before, I always had these big glasses to hide what I had done until the eyebrows grew back. The wire frame glasses I have now don't hide anything. If I shave my eyebrows to draw on fake Vulcan eyebrows, for weeks after that I will also have to draw on regular human eyebrows.

I'll give that some more thought.

Anyway, I am out of bed for the now, though I could very well be back in it again before this time tomorrow.

3 comments:

dmarks said...

I don't plan on having the "what the most recent post was" thing in my general blogroll for a while: it would make it much bigger.

We got the rain last night. Big thunder, lightning, and also explosions. Yes. explosions that were not thunder. Try getting to sleep after that.

Ananda girl said...

I don't think I have that feature. I'm so new at this still that I've no idea what I'm doing. Sometimes I think its the blog that's in control, not me. I hope my blog is not doing this. If it is, please let me know and I'll get rid of it. If I can find it and if it will let me.

Glad you are feeling better.

I have never shaved my eyebrows but I can see the problems with that would deter me. Once all my eye lashes fell out after I used some hypo-allergenic mascara that I was sure would be safe. You don't realize it but people look very strange without eyelashes. I got some odd reactions. Not to mention stuff gets in your eyes.

dmarks-- Now there's a real teaser... what sort of explosions?
We have rain today, no thunder.

bulletholes said...

Titles are fun to make...and I just realizwd from your post that my Title can get dispplayed to folks that won't read my blog...mmm... that sounds like fun,and i must keep that in mind for my next title!
Hi laffin!