Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Well, I guess that I should write a bit of a catch up post.

I did not win the lottery, again. Tonight Mega Millions is going to be like a quarter billion dollars or something. When it gets that high it's fun to buy a few extra tickets and plan what you'd do with the money if you won. But I can't buy any extra tickets cause I haven't got any damn extra money. I took out twenty dollars for the regular lotto stuff and just in case I have to pair up with someone in art class to buy supplies. I spent ten dollars on something else art related, and I forgot that I had to buy gas. So that leaves me like five dollars in the bank. I know that things have been slow, and that in another week or so we'll be caught up with the bills and such, but this week it really sucks. I bought a box of cereal and some milk and a box of cookies, and I'm really trying not to spend anymore money til Saturday.

My eyes are killing me. I don't know what the deal is. They were mostly better for the week we were out of town, but now they are bothering me again. And I haven't much been working on the floor, so that's probably not the problem like I had thought. I am greatly annoyed with all of these little ailments. I don't know if I'm still upset over what happened last year, or if something is really wrong with me and I should see a doctor, or if I am just getting old and this stuff would be happening anyway.

I should finish that last little bit of the floor today or tomorrow. Maybe I'll feel better once I get something done.

Art class started last night. We had worried that there wouldn't be enough people for a class, and now the class is totally full. In fact, the entire art department is full. Unless someone dropped something yesterday, there are no empty seats in any art class on that campus.

After all this waiting, now I'm like, why did I want to take art this semester. I mean, it was all good news, no written exams to screw up my schedule or my grades, but my eyes are a bother and I suddenly felt so tired just thinking about all of that work. I'm sure that I'm going to like about half of the assignments, and by the time we get to those other assignments I'm sure I'll think of something good for those too. And since I've already taken a class from him he probably won't care about me working at home once in a while. But just for a moment I was like, maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

We have been given the option of trading a few things. Like we can skip a certain project and work with a nude model instead. I have no interest in that whatsoever. But the other students want the nude model, so I'm pretty sure that we're going to get one, at least for a few hours. The other thing we might trade for is welding. I don't think I would do that, though I'd be more interested in having that experience. It probably isn't that much scarier than soldering, but I haven't done that in twenty years. And if my eyes are still bothering me, I don't want to add to the problem by playing with torches and such. I've been warned that it is very messy.

We're probably going to cast some glass. I have never worked with glass. I have no idea what that would be like. We have one metal project. And we have to carve some soapstone. The rest of it is stuff I have either already done or am looking forward to learning. We are going to make a rubber mold to cast either plaster or cement, and we are going to cast paper.

I'm sure it's all good. I'm just suddenly realizing how much work I'm committing to. I get tired just thinking about it.

Well, I don't think the elaborate Halloween costume is a good idea now. I'll have too much to do for class. People are wanting to do fairy tales gone wrong or something. I've been toying with the idea of something like little red riding hood, not wearing very much, and partially having the hood made out of the wolf's fur. Other than that, I'm wondering if I could knit a costume.

Now there's a rumor that we might be going to Kansas City in a few weeks. We love going to Kansas City in September and October. There's at least four really big haunted houses. We've been to The Beast and The Gates of Hell on previous trips. http://www.kcbeast.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1Those are excellent, but maybe we should try one of the other company's this year. And of course we love the ren fest. http://www.kcrenfest.com/

I shouldn't get my hopes up. But I should work ahead in art class just in case.

3 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

Good luck with all those projects. Wow!

Anonymous said...

You do have a lot of things in your hopper. You probably did not even know you had a hopper.

David in DC said...

Please keep the welding machinery away from the nude model.