Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Dumb things I have done in the past week or so

I ate a whole package of raw cookie dough. Not all at one time. Not even all in one day. It took about a week. It's just one of those things that you think you'd like to do when you're a kid, but some adult tells you not to. I have heard that is one of the dumb things some people do soon after they get their own place. Eat a whole package of raw cookie dough, or maybe a bowl of cake batter. Anyway, I had never done that before, but I got about half way through a package last week. I kept meaning to get the rest of the thing out and bake cookies, but always I would look at the oven, decide it wasn't worth the effort, eat a little more dough and put the rest back in the frig. With about half a dozen pieces left, I finally decided not to bother with baking any cookies at all. So there, an early childhood dream fulfilled.

Not near as cool as going to Loch Ness (another childhood dream), but it did not require me to take off from school, get on a plane, or spend more than five bucks.

Today I bought myself a dozen red roses. They were on sale for two dollars, and how can I pass up a deal like that? It's the sort of thing that I would look out for in case my husband wanted to take pictures, but then I remembered that he wasn't here this week and the flowers would die before he got back. And he wouldn't have time to take pictures anyway.

And then I thought, whatever, they're two bucks. So I got them for myself. So now I'm wondering if I should go back and get some white roses or yellow roses and make one of those dried flower things for my hair that I used to wear to ren fests. I think I'll probably be going to one in April.

I watched most of the remaining Stargate: Atlantis episodes for the year. Almost. A friend burned a disk for me with the last cliffhanger and the rest of this years episodes. Except that I can't seem to find episode #18, and I didn't watch episode #16 because it didn't have any sound. He also gave me the 80's version of Day of the Triffids, but the sound didn't work on that either.

My brother loaned me his Space: Above and Beyond dvd. I really enjoyed watching it. I didn't like the show that much the first time around. And I had forgotten how hot the tanks were.

Monday I went to ceramics class. It wasn't a day that I was scheduled to go, but there is no open studio time, and going to another class is the only time you can get in.

There was a sign on the door saying that the instructor had taken a sick day, and class was canceled.

Since I was forced to switch to New Blogger, I decided to put labels on everything, or at least try to. I guess I should go back and label everything without a label "no label" or something like that. Anyway, most of the posts have labels, but there doesn't seem to be a place where the readers can see the list of labels. So I guess that is something I have to figure out how to do later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any time period in which you can say you "got a dozen red roses" can't be too bad. Now, are there some smart things you've done in the past several days?

laughing said...

Have I done anything smart in the past several days?

Now that my husband has finished digging that hole, I should deal with the rest of that so the house doesn't get flooded. But I haven't actually done that yet, so it doesn't count. I've been playing in the mud since Sunday, but it will be a few weeks before I have any clay to show for it.