Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I wake up now and am totally confused and don't even know what day it is. It was feeling like Monday. I usually spend a lot of time with my husband on Sundays after he's been at work and possibly out of town Saturday and before that. So I spent a lot of time with my husband yesterday afternoon, after he had come home from working middle of nowhere Oklahoma on Monday. But since yesterday felt more like Sunday, this morning felt like Monday.

I'm pretty sure that it isn't Monday. Let's see, yesterday was election day, which is on the Tuesday after the first Monday of November. So if yesterday was Tuesday, then today must be Wednesday, regardless of what it feels like. And Wednesday is trash day, so I must remember to deal with that before I go running off anywhere to look for Halloween clearance stuff.

My mom will not be happy today. Most of my friends will be happy, since they have spent the last eight years or so complaining about or making fun of Dubya. They might have a party.

We are, in fact, having a bit of a party Sunday, but it isn't supposed to be about that. I'd forgotten about it until yesterday. Now I have to decide if I want to go, since it is a long drive and I don't like long drives anyway, and I have limited gas for at least the next week or two, and I should probably bring something if I go to this party, etc.... Decisions, decisions....

I mostly cleaned a room Monday and Tuesday. This is the last room with carpet, and while it doesn't look too bad at the moment, I hate that I did all that work, but I feel that the room isn't really clean because of the carpet. I think that I will probably have it removed at some point, but I can't deal with it right now. The mice are still a problem. I've found many dead mice while moving bookcases around and such, so I would think that they are finally all gone. But now I think that they are not all gone, and I think maybe some have moved in behind the bookcases that I moved just two weeks ago.

I hate getting rid of the carpet that still looks good, but I have heard that having no carpet is healthier anyway. Less dust, less stuff that might cause allergies stuck in the carpet, maybe less chance of mold. Certainly there would be less cleanup time if the house flooded again.

Maybe I wouldn't be so sick all of the time if there was less dust. Of course, I also have a zillion books, and books cause dust, so if I'm really worried about dust I should get rid of some more books.

Found some books that I had misplaced. I'm not getting rid of those books.

Time to go. Must go shopping now.

No comments: