Friday, January 30, 2009

I think that I'm soon going to give up on this dollar a day thing

But the odd thing is, the reason for it is that I don't have enough money.

Not that I plan on trying to eat with less money than a dollar a day, but that I might give up on the dollar a day thing so that I can eat stuff that I already have in the freezer and pantry that would add up to more than a dollar.

While I'm having a bit of fun with the dollar a day thing, I don't think that my husband is enjoying it that much. And he's just been laid off for yet another week, so he's just not happy in general.

Tomorrow I will either go over a dollar anyway, or I will have to skip my friend's fiftieth birthday party. And that's a bit silly to skip a party just because I wanted to try to limit my food spending to a dollar a day, especially since I already had to go over on Sunday because of the annual meeting.

Still, I'm not going to totally go overboard. I'm trying to make some yogurt cheese, and if that turns out okay I'll take that and some veggies to the party. If it doesn't turn out good I'll just have to throw it out and look for something else in the discount bakery rack.

Maybe I'll start the dollar a day but not on weekends diet challenge.

I'm pretty sure that over two weeks I will have spent an average of a dollar a day or less, which is the important part.

Yesterday I ate:
.20 yogurt
.09 egg
.05 half cup of cola
.05 popcorn
.18 black bean soup
.04 half a tomato
.07 orange
.22 potatoes with olive oil
free brisket
free cookie
__________________________
.90 daily total for Thursday

No comments: