Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nothing much going on now

So, I scheduled myself work in the other part of the house from eight to ten. So I got that done. Well, not exactly. But I did get two hours of work done either in the other part of the house or outside, and I got it done before lunch. And that was really the point, to get a little bit done in areas that it is too warm to work before it really is to warm.

And I have been told that part of the reason I feel so bad (physically) is that I don't drink enough water. I hate water. I could drink probably drink gallons of soda, but getting down that recommended two liters of water really seems like a chore to me. If I am not really paying attention, I probably won't do it. And recently, I haven't been paying attention. When I was doing the serious digging holes in the garden type stuff, I was drinking plenty of water without really thinking about it. So I hadn't been paying attention, cause I knew I was drinking lots of water. But then I decided that it was probably too hot to do anymore of that for a while, and I stopped drinking so much water, and I didn't notice. So that was probably some of what made me feel so bad. I made a point of seeing how much water I drank on Sunday, which was about half of what I needed, and then I made of point of drinking two liters Monday, even if I really didn't want it.

Okay, so two hours of work done before lunch, check. Two liters of water drank yesterday (though that last half liter wasn't easy), check. And the last disk of an audio book listened to so that we can take it back to the library, check.

We then watched the conclusion of Impact. Okay, so this was a new twist on the meteor that will destroy us, but I buy this one even less than Armageddon. Could a meteor hitting the moon be really bad news for us? Yes. We aren't even keeping up with what might hit the earth, so we would certainly miss seeing something that might hit the moon, and that could be a problem. Could we fix the problem of having the moon go all crazy on us after being hit with part of a brown dwarf by throwing nuclear missiles at it and then trying somebody's mothballed science project? Hell no. Even with the very convenient mothballed science stuff being available, I think getting any of it to work the way it is supposed to would just be luck, and getting it to work at all in less than a month is just silly. I wonder if we would even be able to do the stuff from Meteor, much less Deep Impact, and this stuff is just way out there.

But it was nice to have something different to watch anyway.

There will be another meteor that will destroy us TV movie in a couple of weeks.

Okay, watched Impact and listened to audio book and watched True Blood. And then it is back to complete boredom. After having kept my husband away from this computer most of the morning, he had it for most of the evening. There was no new TV on (at least no new TV that I watch), and I'm not really up to reading at the moment. I had to take back the last book half read, even after I renewed the thing. I couldn't finish a book in six weeks. I have that much trouble with it.

I really hate being here. I hate being in the house all of the time. I hate the heat. I hate that the only thing around here that made me feel good about myself for a time was the gardening, and I can't work on that at the moment. I hate the mess. I hate not having a job. I hate not having money. I hate not being able to go out and meet people.

I wish I could just lock the place up and go somewhere else for a few months. But even if I had the money, I really wouldn't have any place to go.

That is one of the drawbacks of having had a traveling job. While I quickly got tired of being on the road all of the time, after doing that for a while it feels really abnormal to be here all of the time.

I spent half of a summer in Pittsburgh, and I was really bored with it. After going to Kennywood and a few other places in the area, I had seen all that I cared to see, and I couldn't wait to get away from there. But that was several years ago, and right now I would gladly pack a bag and go there, if I had any reason to go there and the money to do so. Pennsylvania this time of year is cool and green and it seems to rain every night, but not so much during the day. At least, that is how I remember it. But it was a while back, and maybe I am remembering it wrong.

Anyway, I shouldn't leave the house in this state, and the plants have to be watered, etc....

Okay, today I am going to work two hours before lunch and drink two liters of water.

6 comments:

Ananda girl said...

I don't have any trouble drinking water. I love it. I don't like soda at all. I don't like carbonated anything.

I like the way you schedule what you are going to do. I don't and I don't get near as much done as you do. I think I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. Thanks for the idea.

laughing said...

I haven't exactly planned out what work I should do, just more which room I should work in, and I'm not allowed to leave the room before I attempt something.

I have explained before that I have so much junk that attempting to clean anything is rather like trying to solve one of those puzzles we had as kids, which had the fifteen numbers that fit in the sixteen squares, and you tried to get the numbers in order by moving the one empty space around.

So that is what is is like. I move the little empty space around the junk.

At first it is sort of like just pretending to clean, or going through the motions of cleaning. After two hours of work, there still isn't a lot done. First, you pick up a box and look through it, maybe even take everything out and look at it. Then, you mostly just put everything back in the same box it just came out of. And then you move the box to the other end of the room. Then you take another box and do the same thing. Eventually, all the boxes have been moved. That's about it. All that usually gets done is that you are able to sweep under where the boxes were, and you throw away stuff that fell behind the boxes, like old mail or maybe an empty can.

In another day or two, I will go in that same room and do almost the same thing again, except that now the boxes will go back to where they were to begin with so that I can sweep the other side of the room.

This is pretty useless to start with, but after I've looked through the same box a few times, it occurs to me that something in the box would actually be of use if I took it out of the box and put it somewhere else. Or maybe I'll look at something and remember why I bought it in the first place, and that maybe I don't need it anymore and I can now get rid of it.

But if I don't even go through the process of making myself go in the room and look at the boxes, the boxes just sit there, and the heat gets worse and after a while I won't go in there at all and I won't get anything done.

bulletholes said...

Ya'll should try having sex.

dmarks said...

Sex won't get rid of boxes, though.

laughing said...

Bulletholes, well, you know, at some point we have tried having sex.

I'm sure that is just a shock to everyone, but I have had sex.

Without getting into the gory details, sex hasn't been a good idea for a while. And the last time it turned out to be a very bad idea. So maybe I should take the hint and just have that really be the last time.

laughing said...

dmarks, I think you are right. Sex will not get rid of the boxes.

I'm trying to think of a situation in which sex would get rid of the boxes.

Maybe if you had a very...uh...active sex life, you might roll over on a box and destroy it and have to throw it away, but I can't say that anything like that has happened to me personally.

And I have heard that some women use sex to motivate other people into moving boxes for them, but that isn't my sort of thing either.