Friday, September 11, 2009

I am getting confused

The days go by, and I can't keep them all straight. I forget what day of the week it is. I forget the date. I see the day and the date when I am blogging, but when I am away from the computer I can't remember what it was. I am vaguely aware of what month it is, but again it doesn't seem to mean much.

It is September. I should be in a mild panic that Halloween is less than two months away, and Christmas is less than two month after that, but most of the time I am not. Unfortunately, this is not due to me being all prepared. I am not prepared for anything, I just can't seem to focus on what I should be doing to get ready for things.

So today is Friday the 11th of September. Next Thursday will be the 17th. The 17th of September is the end of the video contest, so if I am going to do anymore videos they need to get done before then, and I haven't even started on them. And I haven't done anything about the Halloween decorations, or the Christmas presents. Well, I've maybe done one thing about one of the Christmas presents, but that is all. I have bought something that might work for a Halloween costume, but I haven't done any work on it. There's a box somewhere that has my Halloween shirts in it, and I should be wearing them by now, but I haven't gotten the box out yet.

There was something that I wanted to do on the 12th, but it has been cancelled, or maybe postponed until the 26th. There is something else I wanted to do on the 19th, but I might not go. There is a possible trip to Oklahoma that would include the 19th, and there is a possible trip to Louisiana that would include the 26th. I've had nothing to do for months, and now I can't do everything. I want to go, and I want to stay.

My husband has to go to one of those meetings on Sunday. The meetings are hard enough, with someone who doesn't do the job anymore (or someone who has never done the job at all) coming to tell you that you aren't doing what you are supposed to do, and that you need to do better, etc.... On their part, those people aren't doing anything better for anyone. The company would supposedly go out of business if they gave anyone a raise or increased the expense money, etc.... So while the employees already wish that they had somewhere else to go so that they could quit (and a few quit even when they don't have anyplace else to go), they have to go to this meeting that they will probably not get paid for to hear how the company does not really value them or the work that they do, and if they don't do better soon they will be replaced.

My husband has enough trouble keeping his mouth shut during these meetings, but yesterday he was scolded for something that happened weeks ago and he doesn't remember. He doesn't even know that they are talking about, so he can't tell his side of the story. So far as he remembers, on the days they actually had him on the schedule, he did his job. He can't address a customer's complaint if no customers complained to him and/or he doesn't remember the customer. Tell somebody that day or the day after that there's been a complaint. A week later, no one remembers anything.

So my husband and all his co-workers in the area have to go to a meeting to hear that none of their concerns are going to be addressed (other than to tell everyone that they aren't getting raises or more expense money or whatever they had asked for), but if they don't do better for the company they are going to be replaced. This so soon after my husband has been told two more strikes and you're out, is not a good plan.

Today is Friday, and that should probably mean something, only I can't remember what it is.

We have no money again, but I spent what we did have on food. So I don't have to worry on that account, but I have to worry about everything else. It rather sucks having no money.

Today is Friday the 11th of September, right?

Today is Friday, and that means that all three libraries in town are closed because of the recession, instead of just one of them being closed before the recession. So I won't be going to the library here, and I don't really have any reason to go anywhere else. And I can't go shopping, even just for food, cause I'm out of money again.

Today is Friday.

Today is Friday, and...and...and what?

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This week went by so fast... 1 less day to work on a project make everything so difficult.

dmarks said...

Church, kids school days, a normal consistent M-F work week.... without those, the days are so easy to mix up.

There's always TV schedules, but even those anymore are getting pretty jumbled up.