Friday, November 24, 2006

annoying computer hacker

On an earlier post, I wrote that someone had hacked into my husband's EBay account. And I remember thinking at the time how silly that was, and that it must be someone who was just trying to make us mad. If that was the case, well...while I am glad the matter seems to be resolved now, I can truthfully say that losing that account wasn't really going to upset me.

I'm not going to go through the whole thing again, but I remember thinking that the hacker would have trouble making any money from this, since the buyer would try to send us the money instead of to the hacker, so the hacker must have some other motive. It was like someone just wanted to get back at my husband for something, but he has such a positive rating on EBay it just couldn't be that. And except for me, there couldn't be anyone out there that has any reason to be upset with him. And the only other person who might think there's a reason to do anything to my husband would be...wait, let me think...could it be...the Bimbo?

Now, it's really not funny, because there's some people out there that thought they were getting their Christmas shopping done early, only to find out it was a mean joke, and for a couple of them it was a mean joke that might have cost them some money. But I was thinking, wouldn't it be funny if it was the Bimbo or one of her friends who did that? I mean, I have been trying to get rid of the whole EBay thing for a while now anyway, but he'd quit doing that stuff on his own, so it wasn't something worth talking about anymore. But wouldn't it be funny if she was trying to make him mad? We already have this image of her being back at her miserable life and drinking and sticking pins in a voodoo doll. So when this happened I had the added image of her scheming to wreck his EBay business, that he'd pretty much already given up.

It was funny for a moment, but I didn't want to laugh because to some people out there who have to go to the mall today and try to buy a present to replace this thing that they didn't get from EBay, it just isn't funny at all. And besides, I didn't really think it was her, it was just the first thing that I thought of. I really just thought it was someone having a practice run, to see if they could hack into someone's EBay account, so that maybe later they could do something similar to make money, and this was just an account picked at random.

Only now something else has happened. Someone hacked into my husband's blog. And I think it was at the same time, but I can't say for sure. It was a small thing, and neither one of us noticed at first, so we really don't know when it happened. But I noticed it before he did, and I think I noticed a couple of weeks or maybe about a month ago. He didn't notice until this week, and I'm sure it happened before then. Anyway, someone changed this little thing on his blog, and I didn't notice it at first, and then when I did notice it I just thought he had done it as a joke. He doesn't seem to know the difference between funny and not funny, but it wasn't anything really bad and I didn't mention it.

But now I know he didn't write it, and he knows I didn't write it. And who else would want to do something like that...unless...wait, let me think...could it be...the Bimbo?

Not that that was even my first thought. As I said, my first thought was that he had done it himself as a joke, and then my second thought was more like he had still done it himself but on accident. And, from the little bit that was changed, from the thing that was written that was so trivial that we didn't even notice it at the time, his first thought was that it must have been her or her friend.

Again, it could just be somebody just out to see if it can be done, and the somebody just picked my husband at random.

And two somebodies just happened to pick my husband at random, probably at the same time.

It is a little bit funny, don't you think?

No comments: