Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

So my mom finally called and told me the plan for today. That's a relief. There's always the possibility that maybe something is wrong and she didn't call back because she couldn't. But not this time. Everything is fine. She was just out shopping and such.

Okay, so what am I thankful for this year?

I am thankful that my husband didn't actually kill himself when the bimbo was here.

I am thankful that I didn't feel up to giving the bimbo what she really deserved when she was here, and I'm not spending the holiday in jail.

I am thankful for the attractive weight-loss, though that is a terrible way to obtain it. Small silver lining I suppose.

I am thankful for my husband's new job, though it isn't going as well as we'd hoped right now. I am thankful that I get to travel with him and spend time with him, though that will probably have to change soon as I cannot sit around watching TV in motel rooms while the work piles up at home. I don't really want to spend my whole life watching TV anyway.

But I am thankful for cable television when I go out of town, and I am thankful that I have the knitting to keep me busy. Most of my other hobbies do not travel well.

I am thankful for the house I live in, even though it is a terrible mess that is worse than it has even been.

I am thankful that my grandmother is in a nice place, though she is still unhappy that she no longer lives in her own home. She has a private room, and the assisted living place is so much better than the nursing home my other grandmother had to stay in. Some days she seems aware of that and is happy about it, but other times she is just sad and wants to go home.

The major thing that I thought I would be thankful for today didn't actually happen, and I've been told that it never will. It doesn't look hopeful for the second major thing either. So, next year I possibly will not have as much to be thankful for. Or, at least, I might have a totally different set of things to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments: