Saturday, September 29, 2007

The eBay stuff is still not listed

Okay, so I've been toying with the idea of selling some of this Bath & Body Works stuff on eBay. This week I decided that it was worth a try. I've been talking to my husband about it, and he said that he thought that it was a good idea and that we should take some pictures and list a few things. I believe that the main discussion that we had on the subject was Monday, and he said that we would work on it Sunday. I don't know why he wanted to wait til Sunday, but okay.

After we had this discussion, I looked at some other stuff on eBay, and then I looked at the calendar, and then I told him that I'm afraid that we might have waited too late to list this stuff. So he said that he was sorry and that he would take the pictures on Friday. Okay. Friday I went to school and he said he would take the pictures while I was gone. I didn't think that he needed my help taking the pictures but I asked to make sure. It was just extra lab time, and I didn't have to go to school if I didn't want to. But he agreed that photos are his thing and he didn't need my help, so I left.

I came back so that we could go to lunch. After lunch he showed me the pictures, and he didn't take some of them. But it was time for him to go to work, so he'd have to take the rest of the pictures that night after work. Fine.

So he gets off from work quite a bit early, and he does something on the computer for a bit and then we watch the new vampire show on TV. And we talk a bit about how it was a bad day at work and about listing stuff on eBay and about going out of town. Then he does something else on the computer, and he's going to take those photos "in a few minutes." That's the main thing that he says now. Whatever is said to him, he manages to answer with "in a few minutes."

So he takes some more pictures, and then we come back in here to list stuff on eBay. And then he says something like, "Here you go, have at it, I'm going to bed." At first I think he's making a joke, but no. He just thought that I would be able to figure it out my self. If I knew how to do this stuff myself, why have I been waiting all week for him to show me? "But I have to work tomorrow morning." Well, he knew that Friday morning when I was offering to stay home from school. In fact he got home early, so when he said we were going to list stuff Friday night he thought we'd be doing this two hours later than we were.

So I get really upset with him, and he changes his mind about going to bed and shows me what to do. Only, for some reason, after I write all of the descriptions and he adds the photos, it just doesn't work. At that point he does stay up like another hour trying to fix the thing. Then he says that he's going to download something so that we can try again in the morning.

So the one thing doesn't work any better, and the other thing I still can't do by myself. He changed some passwords a couple of times after this and this. So I don't have the new password, and for some reason the little Roboform thing isn't doing whatever it normally does.

Really, I don't just hand people clay and expect them to know what to do, but for some reason my husband just expects me to figure out new stuff on the computer.

Anyway, the new stuff might or might not work, but I don't know because I haven't got a password. So the stuff probably still won't get listed until Sunday, which is greatly annoying because we will probably be out of town the next Sunday and that will make it more difficult to send off anything that gets purchased.

Somehow it is my fault that this all didn't get done earlier this week. He doesn't have any time during the week to do anything. But somehow while he didn't have time to help me with the eBay stuff, he was still spending most of his time at the computer blogging. In the time since I have asked him for help, he has managed to write fifteen blog posts, mostly about things he isn't even interested in.

He really does live in his own little world where blog posts take priority over time sensitive things in the real world. I suppose this Halloween stuff that I am trying to sell can wait til Thanksgiving, but blogging about other people's tattoos and football players is something that needs to be done right away. I'm a really nice person, but there are days that I really want to just delete his blog.

Of course, I do realize that would not bring him back to reality. He'd find something else to obsess over in a few days, and there's no telling what trouble he'd get into. I'm tired. I don't want to be his mommy.

1 comment:

Philip. said...

Stop picking on him :-)