Friday, October 20, 2006

Spending too much money this trip

Wednesday was uneventful. As expected, the only thing we did was watch cable and go to lunch. But my husband is making money at work, and we're getting to spend time together, so the rest of it really doesn't matter.

I meant to save money this trip. Really, I did. I brought stuff to eat and I thought that we wouldn't eat out much, except for the days that we're actually traveling. But then when we get wherever we are going, whatever our plans were, we end up wanting to try out the local taco place and we ask the locals what their favorite restaurant is, and we end up eating out more than we should.

I don't know what I expected from Eggberts. Crepes? Gourmet omelets. Bubba and Forrest Gump reciting all the things that you can do with eggs?

Well, there was nothing like that. It was sort of like a Denny's. Not that it was a bad place, but I just don't make a point of going someplace like that unless I have a coupon or if it is late at night and nothing else is open. Still, they sell pretty basic stuff, and if you're hungry you can go to a place like that and relax, knowing that it is near impossible to mess up a basic grilled pork chop.

No comments: